At the sources of the stones The initial chapel was built in 1180 at the same time as all the conventual buildings on the domain of Montubérou offered by Raymond V, count of Toulouse to the order of the Grandmontains. It will be consecrated by Bernard de Mèze, bishop of Maguelone on November 21, 1225\. During the wars of religion, the Priory is partially ruined. The divine service is restored in 1692 but the order collapses. Louis XIV united the priory in 1701 to the seminary of Montpellier and the order is definitively dissolved under Louis XV. Sold as national property in 1790, contractors demolish buildings to recover materials. Sold on January 4, 1791, the estate was bought by the Marquis de Frégeville who built his villa there and kept it until 1821\. Professor at the Faculty of Medicine, major surgeon, deputy to the National Assembly, Etienne Buisson acquired the estate in 1867\. Widowed in 1872, he married the following year Amélie Bertrand. Etienne Buisson-Bertrand died in 1884
Chapelle du domaine de Grammont
-
Localisation
2733 avenue Albert Einstein, 34000 Montpellier, Hérault, Occitanie, France
-
Accès
Access via the Zénith roundabout, 2733 Albert Einstein Avenue. Parking on the Grammont car parks or at the Théâtre des 13 Vents. The chapel adjoins the castle. Line 52 leads to Grammont from the Place de France
-
Site internet
-
Téléphone
-
À propos