A university museum with an educational vocation, the Musée des moulages was created in 1890 with the aim of conserving and exhibiting the study collections related to the teaching of Archaeology. Inaugurated on the occasion of the centenary of the University of Montpellier, the museum was installed in the Palais de l’Université, seat of the Faculty of Letters. The purchase, in 1904, of the casts collection of Canon Didelot of Valencia made it possible to expand the historical periods presented and introduce medieval art.
Musée des Moulages
-
Localisation
Université de Montpellier Paul-Valéry, route de Mende, 34090 Montpellier, Hérault, Occitanie, France
-
Accès
Tram line 5 - Université Paul Valéry stop Tramway line 1 - Saint-Eloi stop
-
Site internet
-
Téléphone
-
À propos